Kitchen fire causes serious damage to Wichita Falls home

Local News

WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) — A kitchen fire caused $25,000 in damages to a house in southwest Wichita Falls.

Around 7:22 p.m. on April 21, Wichita Falls Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 2900 block of McGaha.

On arrival, crews found the fire coming from the front of the house. The fire was found inside the kitchen and was quickly put out, according to a release.

Firefighters have determined the cause of the fire as unattended cooking.

AMR checked one patient, but they refused treatment or to go to the hospital.

The Red Cross was called to assist the residents.

No other injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Report It

Latest News

More Local News