More details emerge in Jody Wade arrest

Local News

Jody Wade, of Jody Wade Enterprises, was arrested near his business by a DPS trooper and was charged with DWI first offense and unlawful carrying of a weapon, and was released shortly after his bond was set.         

The trooper said he observed Wade’s SUV southbound on Central Freeway in Wichita Falls around 4 p.m. Thursday. He said the SUV was weaving from side to side inside its lane and crossed the lane lines several times. The trooper then turned on his flashing lights to make a traffic stop and said Wade exited Central Freeway at Jacksboro Highway and stopped on the frontage road.

The trooper said he noticed a strong odor of alcohol on Wade’s breath, his speech was slurred and he was unsteady on his feet. He said Wade admitted to having three mixed drinks and a couple of beers before driving, he agreed to perform a field sobriety test and admitted to having a handgun in the center console.

The trooper said Wade also agreed to a breathalyzer test, but when they arrived at the jail, refused, so Wade was transported to the hospital so blood could be drawn with a search warrant.

Wade was then booked and charged with DWI first offense and unlawful possession of a firearm due to being intoxicated.

Wade’s company, Big Daddy’s, handles all towing and impounding for the city of Wichita Falls.
A check of archives shows in 2013 Wichita Falls City Councilors decided the city’s towing and impound services would be handled by just his company. It was a five-year deal and as part of the agreement, the city also got additional storage space for impounded cars and other space the police department planned to use to house evidence.

The city has yet to comment on what Wade’s latest arrest means for his contract deal with the city of Wichita Falls.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Report It

Latest News

More Local News