WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL)— A Georgia woman is waiting to hear about her nephew’s condition. He was reportedly on the greyhound bus that crashed near Seymour Monday.

At last check, 12 people were being treated at united regional with serious injuries.

Two people were airlifted to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.

One of those airlifted is DFW resident Johnny Morris who was on the Greyhound.

His family said they haven’t been able to get a hold of anyone who can provide information about his condition.

“So of course I’m telling them, I need to speak to someone who can. And he said if you don’t [know] which bus or you don’t know exactly where he left from or if you don’t have a ticket number. Then I said, “how many buses did you have wreck in Seymour, Texas?,” Johnny Morris aunt Tracy Heath said.

On Monday, family members were contacted by a nurse in Forth Worth who said he was going into surgery.

Beyond that, they had not heard anything else from health officials or law enforcement.

Since KFDX spoke with family members earlier on Tuesday, DPS officials had plans to reach out in hopes of finding information about his condition.

UPDATE: September 15, 2020 4:28 p.m.

Despite information released Tuesday morning by the DPS, a spokesman said there was faulty information and they now say there is not a second fatality in the bus-pickup collision that occurred Monday near Seymour.

However, they have released the name of the deceased victim, 40-year-old James Dayton Jones of Amarillo.

DPS Sergeant Dan Buesing said Jones was one of the 29 passengers on board traveling from Denver to Dalls.

The bus collided with the pickup around 2 p.m. Monday afternoon at the intersection of Hwy 277 and U.S. 183 as the bus was on its route on Hwy 277 from Lubbock to Wichita Falls.

That intersection is marked with flashing lights and has stop signs for traffic traveling on U.S. 183.

Buesing said the bus collided with the pickup that was traveling on U.S. 183.

The driver of the pickup has non-life threatening injuries.

At the scene, two people were airlifted to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth and one to United Regional.

15 people were also taken by ambulance to United Regional or the Seymour Hospital.

At least check, 12 people are being treated at United Regional with serious injuries.

The North Texas Hospital Preparedness council, which brings in all healthcare organizations, prepares regularly for mass casualty incidents like this, anywhere within our region.

UPDATE: September, 15, 2020, 9:57 a.m. A second fatality has been confirmed in the bus-pickup collision that occurred Monday afternoon on U.S. 277.

The Greyhound bus had 29 passengers on board traveling from Denver to Dallas.

At the time of the crash, the bus was on its route from Lubbock to its stop in Wichita Falls.

Dps Sergeant Dan Buesing said the bus was eastbound on U.S. 277 and the pickup truck was southbound on U.S. 183.

The towing company is working lift the Greyhound bus.

There were three people who were airlifted and all others were transported to various locations with non-life-threatening injuries including the driver of the pickup.

Every AMR ambulance in Wichita Falls was reported in use and the hospital here was notified to stand by for multiple trauma cases.

This incident is still under investigation, continue to stick with Texoma’s Homepage as more details become available.

UPDATE: September 14, 2020, 4:29 p.m.

According to Sergeant Dan Buesing one person has been confirmed dead in the rollover bus accident near Seymour.

Buesing said that there were 29 passengers on board along with the driver. Multiple people have been transported for injuries and three were transported by Air Evac.

The driver of the pick up was transported with non life threatening injuries.

BAYLOR CO. (KFDX/KJTL) — Multiple agencies are responding to a rollover bus crash in Baylor County.

A Greyhound Bus has turned on its side in the Mabelle area on U.S. 277 and U.S. 183.

A white pick up was also involved in the crash condition of driver is unknown.

Agencies responding are Archer County Sheriff’s Office, Seymour-Baylor County EMS, DPS Highway Patrol, Seymour Police Department, Baylor County Sheriff’s Office and Air Eva.

The bus was traveling from Denver to Dallas with its next stop being Wichita Falls. The bus left Lubbock at 10:40 a.m. and was supposed to arrive in Wichita Falls at 2:40 p.m.

Injuries are unknown at this time.

We have a crew on scene to bring you the latest.

Stick with Texoma’s Homepage for this developing story.