WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) — As nonessential business open doors Saturday, Wichita Falls city officials are reminding Texomans to wear face-coverings while in the public, and for those who are making masks to donate, they have provided a variety of donation locations.
In a press release from Wichita Falls city officials, the Health District, emergency management coordinators and the Wichita Falls Fire Department have made arrangements for the receipt
and distribution of cloth face coverings.
People can drop off donations at designated unmanned tubs any of the listed fire stations Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Station #1 – 1005 Bluff Street
- Station #2 – 425 Bonner Street
- Station #3 – 3800 Brewster Street
- Station #4 – 5512 Castle Road
- Station #5 – 506 Beverly Road
- Station #6 – 4912 Johnson Road
- Station #7 – 2800 City View Drive
- Station #8 – 2000 Southwest Parkway
Health District officials have also outlined how to prepare and drop off mask donations.
- Do not make cloth face coverings if you or a family member has symptoms of COVID-19 or other viral respiratory illnesses
- Do not try the cloth face coverings on when making them, or after they are finished
- Wash and dry (in a heated dryer) the cloth face coverings before dropping off donations
- After laundering and drying, place directly into a large baggie (such as Ziploc) and seal while still hot/warm
- Wipe down the outside of the plastic bag with a disinfectant/wipe
- Wipe down the outside of plastic bag with disinfectant
- Drop the donation off at any one of the designated locations in the unmanned tub, and maintain social distancing
Residents who are looking for a mask can call the Health District Hotline at 940-761-7909.