WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) —
Update: Tuesday, February 23, 3:10 p.m.
The identity of the man who died from CO poisoning in Wichita Falls last Tuesday has been released.
Authorities said they found David Strickland, 58, unconscious at 1204 Sun Valley Drive after they said they found a generator being used and set up on the patio with the sliding doors open.
At last report, the 81-year-old man who was taken to the hospital was in stable condition and being treated for high levels of carbon monoxide.
There is no updated information on his condition at this time.
Continue to stick with Texoma’s Homepage for updates.
The Wichita Falls Police Department report at least one apparent weather-related death on Tuesday.
According to authorities, two men on Sun Valley Drive were found unconscious Tuesday afternoon.
Officers on the scene said the power was out in the house and a generator was being used, set up on the patio with the sliding doors open.
One 58-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene and another 81-year-old man was taken to the hospital.
He was last reported to be in stable condition and is being treated for high levels of carbon monoxide.
Police said there was a heavy odor of exhaust fumes when they entered the home.
According to authorities, the victims have the same last name.