LAWTON (KFDX/KJTL) — Officials with the Fort Sill Public Affairs Office announced Wednesday that a total of seven cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed related to the instillation.
The first patient to test positive for COVID-19 has fully recovered and completed all medical steps to safely return to work, according to officials.
The Public Affairs Office also announced that the Commanding General has extended the Health and Safety Stand Down form March 23 through April 14.
You can read the full press release below:
This is a developing story. Stick with Texoma’s Homepage for the latest.
If you have general questions about coronavirus, please call the Oklahoma State Department of Health call center at (877) 215-8336.
Officials are encouraging residents to follow the following steps to help protect their health and the health of others:
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Practice social distancing
- Stay home and away from others if you become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough
For more information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019), please visit the following sites: