Trial for man accused of continuous child sexual abuse continued for later date

Local News
ManrriqueMug_1556758063268.JPG

The trial of a Wichita Falls man charged with dozens of counts of continuous sexual abuse and assaults of two young girls has been continued.  

Trial for Juan Manrrique, 37, had been set for June 2019, but both the defense attorney and prosecutor have agreed it should be delayed.

District Attorney John Gillespie filed the motion and said because the Manrrique was reindicted with multiple new first-degree felony charges added,  the defense attorney needs time to prepare. He said the state will not object to a continuation.

Manrrique is jailed on $2 million in bonds.  

His indictment alleges he abused, assaulted and molested two girls for six months in 2016.

The indictments allege abuse occurred to at least one of the victims on 52 different days from Feb. 14 to Aug. 25.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don’t Miss


Get FREE Text Alerts
Report It