Trial of a 37-year-old Wichita Falls man charged with dozens of counts of continuous sexual abuse and assaults of two young girls has been continued.
Trial for Juan Manrrique had been set for next month, but both the defense attorney and prosecutor have agreed it should be delayed.
District Attorney John Gillespie filed the motion, and said because Manrrique was reindicted with multiple new first-degree felony charges added, the defense attorney needs time to prepare.
Gillespie said the state will not object to a continuation.
Manrrique is jailed on $2 million in bonds. His indictment alleges he abused, assaulted and molested two girls for 6 months in 2016.
The indictments alleged abuse occurred to at least one of the victims on 52 different days from February 14 to August 25.