WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) — A local pastor and adoption and foster care advocate has been appointed by Gov. Greg Abbott to the Texas Nonprofit Council.
Kile Bateman, Senior Pastor of Evangel Church, was one of eleven apointees to the Texas Nonprofit Council for terms ending October 1, 2024.
The Council will make recommendations for improving contracting relationships, developing best practices, and identifying and addressing gaps in services provided by and could be filled by faith-based organizaitons.
Bateman serves as the Director of Family First Orphan Care and is the founder of Phased In, a transitional program for emanicapted foster youth.
Bateman is also amember of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services’ Advisory Committee on Promoting Adoption of Minority Children.
Bateman and his wife, Lead Pastor Patti Bateman, have housed Hurricane Katrina and Rita evacuees, helped rebuild homes after Hurricane Harvey and, more recently, have started helping those affected by Hurricane Ida.
A member of the Wichita Falls community for over 20 years, much of which has been spent making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, Bateman certainly makes a welcome addition to this council.
Also appointed to the Texas Nonprofit Council:
- Sereniah Breland, Pflugerville — City Manager for the City of Pflugerville
- Deborah Healey Drago, Beaumont — Low-Income Customer Service Specialist for Entergy Texas, Inc.
- Fedora Galasso, Austin — Executive Director of Texas Network of Youth Services
- Jenifer Jarriel, Houston — President of DePelchin Children’s Center
- Katherine Keane, San Angelo — Former Executive Director of Texas Midwest Community Network
- Virginia Lewis Ford, Austin — Executive Director of Texas Association of Regional Councils
- Amy Ledbetter Parham, Buda — CEO for Habitat for Humanity Texas
- Adrianna Cuellar Rojas, Austin — President and CEO of United Ways of Texas
- Phillipa Williams, Dallas — Executive Director of ilooklikeLOVE, Inc.
- Carol Zernial, San Antonio — Executive Director of WellMed Charitable Foundation