Wichita Falls fire officials say a woman is dead and a man suffered injuries related to smoke inhalation following a house fire in Wichita Falls.
The fire started at 2:36 Wednesday morning.
According to a press release, three men escaped from the home in the 1300 block of Old Iowa Park Hwy.
The woman, 56, was pronounced dead at the scene as well as two dogs and a cat.
Officials said the fire started when someone tried to light a free-standing wood burning stove igniting a nearby recliner.
Damage to the home is estimated to be around $20,000 with belongings accounting for an additional loss of $5,000.
The Red Cross was called to assist the survivors.