Former NY Gov. Pataki Confirms Presidential Bid

National News
George Pataki_-4355729786020150971
NBC 5 News- Former New York Gov. George Pataki is running for president.

The Republican confirmed his bid in a video posted to his website and YouTube Thursday morning ahead of a scheduled appearance in Exeter, New Hampshire, which served as that state’s capital during the Revolutionary War and claims to be the birthplace of the Republican Party.

“Washington has grown too big, too powerful, too expensive and too intrusive. This is exactly what the founding fathers feared,” Pataki says in the video. “It is time to stand up, protect our freedom and take back this government.”

The video opens with footage of Pataki standing in a room in a high-rise in lower Manhattan. As the former three-term governor speaks, the footage flips between images of Pataki’s three terms as governor and video from a visit to an American Legion in New Hampshire.

Later, the video shows footage of the Sept. 11 Memorial with Pataki walking through the lobby of the newly-completed One World Trade Center and chatting with New Yorkers on the streets.

“When we stand together we can accomplish anything,” he says. “I saw that on the streets of New York in the days and weeks after Sept. 11. We understood we were all Americans who had been attacked and were going to rise up together, and we did.”

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Get FREE Text Alerts
Report It

Latest News

More Local News