Heroic dog saves owner from fire

National News

(NBC News) — Bubba the boxer knew exactly what to do Sunday night when his owner’s Holiday, Florida home filled up with smoke.

He jumped up from his favorite sleeping spot in the living room and raced to her bedroom door, paws sliding on the hardwood floors in the hallway.

Laverne Dillion says her iPad caught fire while it was charging. She was sound asleep when it happened and had no idea just how dire the situation was until the clever canine barreled through the threshold to wake her.

Dillion immediately woke up as Bubba nipped at her hand, urging her to get out of bed.

“You know, he scared me,” she says. “He came through that door like he was a gorilla. He knew I was in trouble.”

Read more here.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Report It

Latest News

More Local News