MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- Two officers shot and killed in McAllen, suspect kills self at scene
- Wichita Falls Buddy Walk canceled due to COVID-19 concerns
- Wichita Falls BLM releases statement about petition demanding removal of Confederate statue
- Woman throws boxes of shoes at Oklahoma store worker after being asked to wear face mask
- Japanese amusement park asks riders to ‘scream inside your heart’