MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
- PHOTOS: Remembering Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Bars continue to apply for redesignation as restaurants as pandemic continues
- WFPD celebrates K-9 Turk with retirement after 8 years of service
- Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died of metastatic pancreatic cancer at age 87