Florida law enforcement agencies set up checkpoints at the Alabama-Florida border, but as of right now they aren’t on every highway.
On Friday, Governor Ron Desantis issued an executive order to keep people traveling from areas known to have a lot of COVID-19 cases out of the state.
Executive Order 20-86, directing all persons who enter the State of Florida from an area with substantial community spread, to include the State of Louisiana, inclusive of those entering the State of Florida by roadways, to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person’s presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter.Gov. DeSantis
News 5 contacted the Florida Highway Patrol as well as the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles for a comment on the matter.
- UPDATE: Jacksboro Highway murder victim identified, Fresh 48 issued
- High school softball: Amarillo vs. Iowa Parl — March 6, 2011
- College football: Texas A&M Kingsville vs. Midwestern State University — March 6, 2021
- High school softball: Rider vs. Stamford — March 6, 2021
- Logan Fox fundraiser gathers more than $8,000