DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) – Philip Rivers will soon be on the sidelines in Baldwin County coaching high school football, as St. Michael named Rivers their next football coach.
The announcement was made during a press conference at the school on Friday, Rivers will take over coaching duties when his NFL career is over. There is no definitive timeline set.
Paul Knapstein will serve as the interim coach for the 2020 football season.
Rivers signed a one-year, $25 million dollar deal with the Indianapolis Colts this offseason. Rivers had previously played with the San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers.
The eight-time Pro Bowl quarterback is sixth in NFL history in career passing touchdowns and passing yards. Rivers attended Athens High School, where he played for his father Steve Rivers.
- Blue Origin launch: Watch capsule lift off from Texas
- Minnesota ex-police officer to be charged in fatal shooting of Daunte Wright
- Newsfeed Now: Unrest continues after deadly Minnesota police shooting; Man finds 19th century-era tunnel under his property
- Thieves target shoppers in Lubbock, Amarillo, Wichita Falls
- VIDEO: Former Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst charged with domestic violence, released on bail