Three Wichita Falls Residents Injured in House Fire, One Remains in Hospital

News
House Fire on 6th St._3718760996446487844
UPDATE: A malfunctioning extension cord is being blamed for a house fire Wednesday afternoon on north 6th Street.

One of the three injured in the fire remains in the hospital with burns.

It started around 3:40 pm in the 1200 block of north 6th Street, and fire crews battled flames that started at the front of the house.

Fire Marshall David Collins says a family of three lives in the house, an elderly couple and their 57-year-old son.

The mother and son were transported to United Regional with burn injuries and the mother was released Wednesday night.

Collins estimates the damage to the home at around $4,500.


A fire injures three residents of a home in the north side of Wichita Falls Wednesday afternoon.

The fire was reported around 3:40 p.m. at 1208 North 6th Street near Scotland Park.

It appeared the fire started in the front part of the house.

Fire officials say a man, woman and their child suffered injuries. We don’t know what kind of injuries each suffered, but officials said one victim suffered burns more severe than the other two.

One person decline treatment, one was taken to the hospital and the third was being treated in an ambulance at the scene.

Damage to the home appeared to be extensive.

We will provide more information when fire officials release it.



Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Get FREE Text Alerts
Report It

Latest News

More Local News