More charges filed in connection to Lawton man’s murder


LAWTON (KFDX/KJTL) — Two more suspects in the alleged murder of a Lawton man who went missing in June are now in the Comanche County Detention Center, facing multiple charges and a third suspect in the case is jailed in Lawton city jail on a different charge.

Affidavits and interviews of the suspects describe in graphic detail how Byard “Dakota” Moore, 22, was allegedly killed and also give a possible motive.

In the Comanche County Detention Center, Adrian Christopher Stallworth is charged with first degree murder, conspiracy, desecration of a human corpse and unlawful removal of a body.

Cody Ryan Bates is charged with conspiracy, assault with a deadly weapon, desecration of a human corpse and unlawful removal of a body and burglary.

Ryan Dean Jones was previously charged with accessory to a felony, and Dusty Abel was in custody in the Lawton city jail on an unrelated misdemeanor warrant when he was charged with accessory after the fact.

They are all charged in connection to the alleged killing of Moore, who was reported missing on June 16.

According to Lawton detectives, they recorded an interview with Stallworth who said he was contacted by Bates to find Moore because Moore had allegedly molested his daughter.

Stallworth said he located Moore at Jones’ home and he, Jones and Abel left to pick up Bates. He said he and the others and a woman in the home told Bates not to do anything to Moore inside the home, however, while he and Abel were in the garage with Moore, Bates came in and hit Moore in the head with a lead pipe three to four times.

Stallworth said he realized it had to be taken care of, so he bound Moore’s ankles and hands with zip ties, put a bicycle peg in his mouth to keep him quiet, and tied a plastic bag sprayed with ammonia over his head. He said he and Abel put him on the floor in the living room and held his knees down and while checking his pulse to make sure Moore was dead.

Stallworth also said he and Able left to go get high, and then came back to put together a wooden box for Moore’s body with Jones. Moore’s body was wrapped in plastic and placed in the box. He said afterward he, Bates and the woman went to go get liquor, came back, and drank until he passed out.

According to other affidavits, Jones, Bates and another person drove southwest of Lawton to put the box in a pit and covered it with debris before setting it on fire.

The Comanche County Sheriff’s Office announced the discovery of a body on Aug. 8, and at last report, authorities were awaiting DNA confirmation that it is the body of Moore.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Report It

Latest News

More Local News