Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Florida man received $1.9 million in coronavirus relief funds, used money to buy Mercedes, prosecutors say
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as a new week begins
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Infant dead after apparent attack by family dog in Virginia
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential campaigns’ final week