Vape pen blamed in Michigan SUV fire

News

MICHIGAN (KFDX/KJTL) An Ohio woman says a vape pen charger sparked a fire that destroyed her SUV.

It happened Thursday in Woodhaven, Michigan. Crystal Mounts and her five-year-old son sat in their parked car outside a restaurant.

Mounts says when she took the batteries out of the vape charger, sparks flew and started a fast moving fire inside the vehicle.

Mounts and her son escaped the flames, but by the time firefighters arrived, the SUV was completely engulfed.

Read more: http://bit.ly/2Nkfqkv

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Report It

Latest News

More Local News