Wichita Falls Man is Dead After Falling into a BBQ Grill, Catching Fire and Causing a House Fire

News

UPDATE: The Sheriff’s Department said 65-year-old, Larry Johnson, was the man who died in the incident. 

His body will be taken to Dallas for an autopsy and the incident remains under investigation.

— 

Fire investigators are on the scene of a reported house fire on River Road. Investigators believe that a man who was cooking over an outdoor grill, fell into the grill, caught fire, and then ignited nearby trash which then caught a house on fire.

How or why the man may have fallen into the grill is not know at this time, however investigators believe it may have been a medical episode. First Responders from Wichita County, Wichita Falls and the Friberg-Cooper Volunteer Fire Department responded to the call.

We will pass on additional information as it becomes available.

 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Report It

Latest News

More Local News